ROI revealed: Microsoft Dynamics 365 delivers $16.97 for every dollar spent
KEITH BARNETT - Sr. Marketing Communications Manager, Dynamics 365
In keynotes and sessions at Microsoft Ignite 2018 last week, we shared many stories of organizations that are leveraging Dynamics 365 to fundamentally transform the organization to meet the changing expectations of customers. These success stories are compelling, however it begs the question: “what’s the true return on investment (ROI) for an average Dynamics 365 deployment?” Thanks to a newly released independent analysis from Nucleus Research, we can reveal the answer:
For every dollar spent, companies realize an average of $16.97 in returns.
A $16.97 ROI is a BIG deal. According to the report summary, “this is significantly higher than the average for both enterprise resource planning (ERP) and customer relationship management (CRM), which deliver, on average, $7.23 and $8.71 respectively. Nucleus found that companies taking advantage of Microsoft’s investments in cloud and usability, as well as integration and analytics, were able to achieve significant returns by increasing productivity and revenues and reducing costs.”
The report also dives in the value drivers for the cases, finding that common elements to the financial success of deployments include:
- The ability to integrate Microsoft solutions with existing applications and data sources
- The enablement of new lines of business, such as cross-selling and up-selling with field service
- A focus on a standardized, easy-to-use user interfaces—the familiar Microsoft look and feel that can help speed up onboarding and user adoption
- Cost savings and greater innovation realized by deploying cloud-based Microsoft business applications
- The focus on improving user productivity by automating or standardizing repeatable manual processes
The report is a fascinating read that we invite you to explore on your own. Thanks to the Nucleus Research team for sharing the findings!