Karthik Balasubramanian - Product Manager, Dynamics 365 Customer Service
Unified Service Desk for model-driven apps provides a configurable framework that allows you to build applications that give call center agents a unified view of customer data.
Unified Service Desk version 4.2, generally available since June, enables you to host web applications using Microsoft Edge WebView2 Process based on the Chromium open-source framework, as well as delivering improved performance and other enhancements.
With support for Microsoft Edge WebView2, Unified Service Desk admins have these capabilities:
- Ability to select WebView2 Process as the hosting type for their organization.
- Ability to select WebView2 Process as the hosting type for web applications, along with Chrome Process.
In addition, Microsoft Edge WebView2 Process delivers:
- Availability on supported versions of the Windows operating system.
- Easy configuration of host applications in Unified Service Desk.
- Ability to switch seamlessly from one browser to another for your entire organization.
- Enhanced performance and memory optimization.
- To learn more, check out the Unified Service Desk documentation or the Microsoft Edge WebView2 documentation. To use the capabilities, download and install or update Unified Service Desk 4.2.