ERP Modernization: One version for all customers
MUHAMMAD ALAM - General Manager, Dynamics 365 for Finance & Operations
We continuously enhance Microsoft Dynamics 365 with new capabilities to enable global businesses to accelerate their digital transformation. As we add product enhancements and performance improvements at a rapid pace, we’re optimizing the way in which we deliver updates. This helps our customers stay current in a consistent, predictable, and seamless manner.
In the April 2018 release, Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations moved to an extensions model as the only vehicle for customizing the application. We enabled no-code/low-code extensibility options (via PowerApps and by adding new fields). This made it easier for customers to personalize the application and it paved the way for customers to stay in lockstep with our updates without expensive upgrades.
In the October 2018 release (version 8.1) and onward, customers will receive updates about how to stay current and take advantage of new capabilities that will help to innovate and grow their business. Check out this video to see how customers are excited about realizing the value of a true SaaS ERP with Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations.
Evergreen ERP, the last ERP upgrade
On October 1, 2018, we released Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations, version 8.1. This release delivers over 55 new capabilities focusing on 4 major themes—core capabilities, connected processes, intelligence and insights, and fundamental enhancements. I want to highlight some of the key capabilities that map to these themes and deliver the biggest benefits to our customers. For a complete list and descriptions of the new capabilities, refer to the October 2018 Release Notes.
- Core capabilities: Capabilities such as dual currency support, 300+ additional extensibility options across the product, improved customer and vendor transaction settlement visibility, and public sector enhancements that offer an out-of-box adaptable and extensible ERP solution.
- Connected processes: Deeper, process-based integrations between Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations and Dynamic 365 for Field Service, Dynamics 365 for Project Service Automation, and Dynamics 365 for Talent. All powered by the Microsoft Common Data Service (CDS) to deliver connected experiences across multiple applications, giving customers a single view of the underlying data.
- Intelligence and insights: The much-awaited Distributed Order Management (DOM) capability in our Retail offering. This allows our customers to intelligently source and fulfill orders in an optimal manner. Also included are additional Optimization Advisor rules to optimize configuration of the system, and the ability to edit and extend analytical workspaces to increase productivity and insight into the business.
- Foundation enhancements: These include next generation usability, personalization, and performance enhancements — that empower users to improve productivity and collaborate better with their peers. We’ve extended our global support to reach 37 countries and 42 languages, including language localization support for Arab Emirates (UAE) and Russia. In addition, the Regulatory and Configuration Service is now generally available. This standalone service enables customers and partners to create flexible configurations for regulatory reporting, tax filing, invoicing, and payments formats to report, transmit, or calculate financial and operations transaction in the required format. Customers can now try managing localization requirements with Regulatory services.
See the updates in action
Watch our Microsoft Ignite session to see highlights of what’s new in the October 2018 Release. For deeper dive details, access the on-demand session recordings for Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations and Dynamics 365 for Retail.
The mission of Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations is to help enterprises reimagine the speed of doing business by enabling people to make smarter decisions with access to real-time insights and intelligence on nearly any device, anywhere. With an evergreen ERP application, we provide businesses with a competitive advantage in the market to truly innovate and meet ever-changing customer demands. In the next year, we will continue to focus on the following key priorities:
- Continue to deliver new innovations across the Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations, and Dynamics 365 for Retail applications.
- Infuse intelligence and analytics into the application business process to drive more value back to the business.
- Continue to offer an array of differentiated deployment choices, from a complete cloud offering to hybrid solutions and Local Business Data (LBD)/on-premises options.
I am proud and amazed at the customer success momentum and the innovations that we’ve enabled to date. Be sure to also check out the Nucleus 2018 ERP Value Matrix, where Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations is in the leader position.
LEARN MORE ON HOW TO EVOLVE YOUR ERP BY DOWNLOADING THIS EBOOK